1. I think you can’t win a close football game by fumbling inside the opponent’s 10 yard line Penn State. You had the Huskers beat. I also think I thought Matt McGloin could have been a late round NFL draft pick, not any more.
2. I think the current over used phrases by NFL analysts is “bubble screen” and “elite,” both quickly replacing the way overused phrase of “cover 2.” Is there only one NFL playbook thesaurus?
3. I think Emcat’s Pumpkin Pie Pops are going to be the hit of Thanksgiving this year. Her test batch this weekend tasted fantastic. Great job Em!
4. I think Roxbury did a great job with Trick or Treating at the high school this past week. There must have been over 1,000 people Treating around the football field. Many of the parents treat tables were more creative than the kids costume. No table or costume better than the Orange Bird of course, although I am a little bias.
5. I think it was great to see the Roxbury Rec soccer boys blue team capture first place this weekend.
6. I think 13 days without power is too much for most. I think 3 hours without power is too much for others.
7. I think the movie Tower Heist with Ben Stiller & Eddie Murphy was not so good. Bad ending. Good performance by Gabourey Siboney offering the only real comic relief.
8. I think I am looking forward to seeing the movie Lincoln, out this week. I think I am also looking forward to seeing Oz: the Great and Powerful, out in March. Hopefully there are several flying monkeys.
9. I think that I am interested in seeing what Micheal Arndt, screenwriter on films such as Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3 and Hunger Games: Catching Fire, comes up with for the next Star Wars film.
10. I think America took a big step back this past Tuesday, although I am sure old pal Chip did the happy Peace Frog dance. Keep increasing the taxes on those paying? Why not force the 50% that don’t pay taxes to ante up? Or relinquish benefits that others are paying for. Quick question: Are we living in France? (ok, that’s my last political post of the year).
11. I think it’s just about six weeks until I start book 5, A Dance with Dragons, of the Game of Thrones series. I am going to kick off my reading festivities over the holiday break and most likely re-watch season 1 & 2 of the HBO show. Looking forward to our secret rendezvous Daenerys.
12. I think there are some exciting posts coming up in the next week or so for the Squirrels Hate Me groupies. Look out for the 2012 Holiday Gift Guide, reviews on the Scranton Yankees and Reading Phillies new branding and much more good stuff.
13. I think my youngest has watched way too many episodes of Doomsday Preppers.