So you were into Fragile Rock, wore a pastel t-shirt with a blazer like Don Johnson or perhaps Jelly’s on your feet and you really miss the taste of New Coke? Or perhaps you wore only one glove and walked backward while snacking on some Pop-Rocks. Well you may be a product of the 1980’s. Just don’t mix the Pop-Rocks and the New Coke.
Take the below quiz to see how you rate at knowing the Big ’80’s.
1. What side do you pass the dutchie?
2. Who was Mike Seaver’s (Growing Pains) best friend?
3. What song is associated with the movie Breakfast Club?
4. What are the names of the ghosts from Ms. Pac Man?
5. What car was featured in the movie Back to the Future?
6. How many luftballoons were there?
7. What does the name ALF stand for?
8. What game show featured the Whammy?
9. What athlete won four gold medals at the 1984 summer Olympics?
10. Who had the hit song Jenny / 867-5309?
11. Which NFL team performed the Super Bowl Shuffle?
12. What were ET’s favorite candy?
13. What was the first video played on MTV?
14. What was Madonna’s first number one single?
15. The Macintosh computer was introduced in what year?
16. What city was Axel Foley from in the movie Beverly Hills Cop?
17. What video game came with the Nintendo NES?
18. What fast food chain had the slogan “Where’s the Beef”?
19. Who manufactured the Walkman?
20. What “vegetable garden” dolls were extremely popular causing riots in the stores selling them?
1. From the left hand side – from the song Pass the Dutchie by Musical Youth
3. Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
4. Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Sue
7. Alien Life Form
8. Press Your Luck
9. Carl Lewis
10. Tommy Tutone
11. Chicago Bears
12. Reese’s Pieces
13. The video killed the radio star – The Bugles
14. Like a Virgin
16. Detroit, MI
17. Super Mario Brothers
20. Cabbage Patch Kids
How did you do? See below on how you fare.
0-5 correct: You must be from the Cold War
6-10 correct: You need leg warmers to keep from getting colder
11-15 correct: You’re stuck in the corner with Baby
16-19 correct: You feel the need for speed
All 20 correct: Congratulations, now on to solve the Rubik’s Cube