1. I think I am happy to be done traveling for the rest of 2012. After logging 42,000 miles (just missed Gold status again, Silver here I come) countless nights in hotels (still wondering if they wash sheets) and many late night meals the travel becomes more burdensome than exciting. Fortunately I was able to cross off a new state, Wyoming and hit three new MLB parks this year (Colorado, San Fran and the new Miami).
2. I think I am already in the travel planning process for 2013 with destinations like Salt Lake City, Orlando and SoCal on the radar screen.
3. I think I can’t wait for the invention of teleportation.
4. I think I enjoy watching the Travel Channel’s Toy Hunter show. It is kind of like American Pickers except they go searching just for vintage toys. I am waiting for him to come across the Casper the Friendly Ghost Game. We all loved that light-up game.
5. I think Jonah Hill is the modern day Samuel L. Jackson. It seems as if he is in every other movie lately. Recent find: A young Jonah Hill in the 40 Year Old Virgin.
6. I think the Heisman Trophy is a joke. Just call it what it is, the most lucrative statistical quarterback award. And can they just cut out the presentation ceremony? Nobody cares.
7. I think Sam Adams Winter Lager is a delightfully tasteful beer this time of year. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is equally delicious.
8. I think that I am sick and tired of hearing the media’s overuse of the phrase “Fiscal Cliff.”
9. I think that I am also sick of hearing about the pending apocalypse based on the Mayan calendar. Did we not learn anything from the John Cusack movie 2012? Life will go on. Oh don’t forget to drink the Kool-Aid.
10. I think, speaking of Kool-Aid, the one-time best drink of a generation has lost its appeal. Could it be because the increased consumption of other sugary drinks like soda and cranberry juice? Could it be because of Jim Jones cult and their mass suicide by cyanide poisoning their drinks? (fyi – they drank Flavor Aid and not Kool-Aid). Or could it be because Kool-Aid insisted on creating stupid flavors that no one cared about thus turning off a fan base. It seems that they have gone back to simple flavors but it is too late. Perhaps Kool-Aid should bring back its most successful flavor and my personal flavor, Sunshine Punch.
11. I think you need to check out the Christmas song Do You Hear What I Hear by by Spiraling. It is a few years old but is recently getting a ton of play on WDHA 105.5. It’s a great mash-up of Do You Hear and the Who’s Baba O’Reily. Brilliant! Check it out on YouTube. I haven’t seen it on iTunes.