1. I think after an eight month hiatus it was good go write the MM Burn again.
2. I think I used the following short playlist for inspiration as I drafted this burn.
• The Heat is Own – Glenn Frey
• Some Like it Hot – The Power Station
• This Girl is on Fire – Alicia Keys
• Burning For You – Blue Oyster Cult
3. I think it must be great to be an only child if only for 72 hours. Right Em?
4. I think my credit card is feeling some pain. See point 3.
5. I think the Rockaway Barn’s food tastes just like the Roxbury Black River Barn’s food. Though if eating outside I much prefer that of Roxbury. Something about the lake versus the street.
6. I think I’m excited that my favorite all-time ballplayer is getting a chance to coach in the majors. Congrats to Ryne Sandberg being named the Phillies interim manager. Congrats on your first managerial win against the red hot Dodgers yesterday. Let’s hope it leads to a full time position.
7. I think that I’m even more excited to go down to Philadelphia for a game on Saturday to see Ryno in action. Cubs v. Diamondbacks. Eric and I are going to have a great time. Eric is a Dbacks fan and me, well let’s just say I will be wearing my Sandberg t-shirt for the game.
8. I think next Saturday is going to be one long day. First, off to Reading, PA to see the Phitin’ Phils play at 1pm, then a drive down to Philly for the big game at 7pm. Fact: Ryno played for the Reading Phillies in 1980 and the Philadelphia Phillies in 1981. Double Fact: I collected baseball cards as a kid but never could afford Ryno’s Reading Phillies card. It now sells for a $1,000 on Ebay. Just saying if you happen to win the lottery.
9. I think Nu is going to have to eat a cheese steak or two.
10. I think after I wrote Friday’s post on summer beers to have before Labor Day, I went out and got a six-pack of Hell or High Watermelon. Also picked up some Sam Adam’s Octoberfest to get me in the fall spirit.
11. I think nothing beats fresh, sweet Jersey corn in mid-August.
12. I think Clayton Kershaw has become the best pitcher in baseball overtaking Justin Verlander. Fact: Kershaw went to high school with the Detroit Lions starting QB Matthew Stafford. Super Secret Bonus Fact: Kershaw’s great uncle discovered the former planet Pluto.
13. I think I just played Alica Keyes twice.